There’s a right way and a wrong way. Web standards are becoming increasingly more important as the web and mobile web markets mature. Standards-based design isn’t just beautiful to developers, but it means you will capture a greater portion of your audience at lower development costs.
Your site instantly becomes more portable to the smart phone market, and becomes more accessible to screen readers, audio, visual, and tactile display devices. Additionally, sites built on common standards are more maintainable, thus reducing costs.
Keeping all your ducks in a row. Content management systems (CMS) provide structured frameworks for publishing to the web. Determining which CMS to use can be daunting. Some have generalized designs, where others are focused on a particular niche. Consideration about cost, capabilities, support, future development, third-party development, and technology stack must all be weighed carefully.
We spend considerable time following the CMS market. We typically deploy one of several open source PHP/MySQL-based CMSes including Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, and Typo3. Possible features include:
- Easily updatable content (no need to call in an expert)
- Easily manage both front end and back end users
- Content versioning
- Workflows with approvals
- Integrated search
- Social media integration
- The ability to publish content across multiple platforms
CMS support services include:
- Customization to support your business needs
- Data management
- Template design / theme development
- Custom publishing workflows
- Custom modules and code
- Product support
- Product updates and transition paths
- Motion and still graphics
- On demand graphics
Everybody’s talking about it. Social media for your business or nonprofit is about engaging your audience by creating value. In turn, those that you reach will amplify your voice. By actively engaging, you help shape the conversation rather than allowing it to be controlled for you. If you do not enter the conversation, you will be out of it. A number of tools exist to help you find your social voice. Let us work with you to build a strategy and enable the tools for you to find success.
Following are a sampling of social media services we offer.
- Social media strategy / publishing workflows
- Google / Bing / Yahoo! local setup
- Youtube account setup and channel customization / skinning
- Facebook group, page, and profile setup
- Facebook API / site integration
- Twitter account setup and skinning
- ShareThis integration (social media sharing tool for your site)
- Other social tools such as SlideShare, Uservoice, and RSS
Too much stuff for a little box. Following are a few more services we offer that didn’t fit well in another section. If you don’t see it listed and are curious if we do it, drop us a line. The web is a pretty big place, but we have been around it a few times.
- Web site analysis and strategy consulting
- HTML e-mail design
- Accessibility standards / section 508
- Google Maps API
- Various weather APIs
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Webmaster Tools setup and error fixing
- Google Analytics setup, customization, and integration into Adwords and Adsense